Wednesday, April 27, 2011

43 and 1

on saturday, our baby bee turned 1 month. and my brother, chris, turned forty-something. ok, well, you can see from the title how young he turned. doesn't look a day over 35.

this little one, however, is growing like crazy and no longer looks like a newborn.

Photobucket

she was up to 7 pounds, 5 ounces when we took her in to the emergency room last week for a fever of 101 degrees. she had been fighting some congestion, and with harper in preschool and me with the flu the week before, it didn't come as a surprise that crosby would pick something up. as soon as we got to the er, wouldn't you know it, her temp had dropped to normal range without medications. so the doctor and nurse literally did nothing for us but chit chat. we took a 2 hour excursion at 11 pm to just chat up some doctors and hang out in the hideous fluorescent lighting. oh joy.

Photobucket
yes, crosby, this was how mommy felt when i knew we were going to be heading to the emergency room, too. i just can't show it like you can.

Photobucket

she really would not let the paci go. each time i took it out, i had a millisecond to snap a photo before she'd bust out the full on cry. and so, it graced most of the shots i took.

Photobucket

and here are chris and crosby. uncle and niece. godfather and goddaughter. she'll be baptized in june, on michael's and my 7th wedding anniversary and the 1 year anniversary of my uncle's passing. i'm already emotional about the whole event, for some uncanny and fateful reasons.

Photobucket

we (being my sister and i) give my mom a hard time whenever chris comes home. chris is the first born and only son. he doesn't make it home all too often, but when he does, the red sea parts and my mom makes whatever meals he is craving. most often, we dine on reubens one night and our family german meal of kielbasa, sauerkraut, potatoes and noodles the next. this time, however, he chose german potato salad, cherry chip cupcakes and my mom's homemade buttercream frosting for his birthday meal. i guess we won't give him or my mom heck just this once. it was his birthday after all.

Photobucket

chris and stephanie. i love this picture. ♥

Photobucket

Photobucket

and a few more of my one month old cici. this t-shirt was actually mine when i was little, because i was also the little sister. my mom found it when harper was born, but it didn't make sense for her to wear it. and now, it makes all the sense in the world for crosby. and i just love that it fits her perfectly and is still intact after more than 31 years of collecting dust in a box in my mom's basement. and i love my mom for saving sentimental things such as this.

Photobucket

my 2 beautiful little loves.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: