Wednesday, January 21, 2015

artsy

i think this is slowly becoming a tradition.  i liked our mlk-day-off-from-school adventure last year when we went to a local paint-your-own pottery studio, so i booked another reservation for us this year.  i let my girls pick 1 item of their own choosing, and paint it however they wanted.  they both chose animal sculptures.  last year, i just supervised and snapped photos, but this year, i got into the mix and actually painted.  i had it in my mind for awhile to create a "special day" plate, a reusable plate that someone in our house could use on a birthday, or to celebrate something big happening.  i also randomly have had an unpainted mug sitting in a box since college- this mug has been moved likely 4-5 times over the last 16 years!  i painted one during a sorority sisterhood event, but the handle broke when they were firing it, so the studio near my college gave me a free blank one to bring back in anytime and paint.  yeah, that never happened.  i just recently found it and took my chances on this studio allowing me to paint it, and they did.  i handed it over to my budding little artist and let her have free reign.  i'm anxious to see how it turns out.













No comments: